Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,785 Posts
Hah!

I think it is but they would say that is toxic masculinity to say such things:laughing:

So yeah, they have a lot of clowns there.
There is no such thing as toxic masculinity. There is masculine traits the tide pod eating snowflakes no longer think are relevant or right.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
10,109 Posts
I'm listening to undaunted courage from the strong recommendations by a few of you. Pretty solid listen so far. Normally wouldn't listen to a book like this and would read it instead but, it's pretty entertaining.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rah

Read some Heinlein! I'm not even into his genre but it's some crazy s#@t and will get you thinking.... Stranger in a Strange Land, Starship Troopers, etc......

Looking at you Tinstaafl

·
Super Moderator
25,785 Posts
Atomic Habits by James Clear

Excellent book, made it onto my kids must read list. They will owe me a book report on it when they are old enough to read it

·
Designer/Contractor
3,477 Posts
Read some Heinlein! I'm not even into his genre but it's some crazy s#@t and will get you thinking.... Stranger in a Strange Land, Starship Troopers, etc......

Looking at you Tinstaafl
His earlier stuff is the best, got weirder as he aged. It's amazing how prescient he was on so many things and a great writer.

·
Super Moderator
25,785 Posts
A lot of people should read that book in high school - the lack of actual leadership, moral courage, integrity and conviction is startling.

Don't believe me? Go to a town hall meeting or county commissioners court. Almost everyone is self serving and just don't want it in their back yard - and don't care when it happens a mile down the road. The politicians do whatever they need to to get reelected. Chicken ****.

We could all use a little Howard Roark in our consciousness. Way too many Peter Keatings around
Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

·
Artist and not a curator
10,109 Posts
I'm glad this got bumped.

"12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos" by Jordan Peterson

Best book in many many years. I can't recommend it enough. If you like deep thought than this guy is simply amazing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It has been a good winter for reading, at least for me.......some good reads have been Hidden Figures, Enduring Courage (Eddie Rickenbacker's WWI ace's story), a book about the sinking of the sub, USS Grunion, and now I'm reading a book about the glory years of Detroit by David Maraniss. I like true stories for the most part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For anyone interested in sci fi, you should definitely check out Leviathan Wakes by James S A Corey - definitely worth the read!

Reactions: Gumshoe
41 - 57 of 57 Posts