Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Reclaimed lumber beams

2707 5
Here's some pictures of some beams I'm covering with reclaimed lumber. I wasn't too happy when I initially saw the pile of wood. It looked like the material was going to fall apart as I was cutting it, but it went together pretty well. Wood Hardwood Floor Wood stain Lumber
Ceiling Wall Property Room Beam
Beam Wood Wood stain Table Hardwood
Beam Ceiling Wood Wall Column
Wood Wall Beam Ceiling Wood stain
Ceiling Property Wall Room Building
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
What type of wood?

Did you resaw it?

Nice job....:thumbsup:
Looks like pine from here. I've resawn old beams on my mill before, the lumber is usually very nice with lots of character.
Looks like weathered pine to me as well. Betcha end up with a case of powder post beetles in the house. Watch for small sawdust piles.
Wouldn't that be the ultimate FU! :)

It is pine, but I did not resaw it.
Looks like weathered pine to me as well. Betcha end up with a case of powder post beetles in the house. Watch for small sawdust piles.
They're pretty harmless, but the homeowner might freak out from the little sawdust piles. I quit using weathered wood that wasn't treated with borate or fumigated for just this reason. Fumigating is expensive.
Wouldn't that be the ultimate FU! :)

It is pine, but I did not resaw it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.