Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a blade for cast iron, does anyone make a blade for concrete? I'm cutting a concrete block wall using my little grinder with a diamond wheel and finishing up with a rotary hammer with a chisel bit, but I've got a spot I can't get to with the grinder...

·
90%-er
1,438 Posts
What you need is one of these

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvzob2R60k">YouTube Link</a>

Another option is a diamond grit reciprocating saw blade. You can find them on Amazon, but they probably sell them at HD, Menards, Lowes, etc.
Have a helper keep spraying your cutting area with a spray bottle of water.

My experience with these blades is that they dull quickly (very quickly) when they get hot. Keep it cooled off and don't force the blade through. Let it do it's job

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I know there's a blade for cast iron, does anyone make a blade for concrete? I'm cutting a concrete block wall using my little grinder with a diamond wheel and finishing up with a rotary hammer with a chisel bit, but I've got a spot I can't get to with the grinder...
Hilti has them in stock at all time...but ****** expensive.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
If you can't reach it, does it have to be so clean? Anyhow, I'm envisioning chipping it by hand with a chisel. Might even be one with an angled blade. Yes, no?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hilti had them they were simply amazing but yanked them off the shelf. Call them they still might have them somewhere.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Hilti had them they were simply amazing but yanked them off the shelf. Call them they still might have them somewhere.
They have them here in stock but last time I asked I think it was around 80 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts