Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a remodel to do soon. wanted to know if anyone has ever taken a reg floor and made a sunken shower. The shower now is about a 3x3 and i want to make it about a 3x5 taking out a closet

·
Banned
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I have to the old p trap out and center the drain. I also know I have to cut the slab out and dig out the dirt and form a box and pour concrete. I thought about running rebar down thru the exisiting slab to the new pan and then pour the crete.

·
Registered
295 Posts
opiethetileman said:
I know I have to the old p trap out and center the drain. I also know I have to cut the slab out and dig out the dirt and form a box and pour concrete. I thought about running rebar down thru the exisiting slab to the new pan and then pour the crete.
As far as the plumbing is concerned if you lower the trap you will be creating a deep seal which is not legal here.A deep seal is not on the strainer side of the trap but on the other side from the elbow (weir) to the base of the trap. The problem with a deep seal is it will make the shower drain slower and more likely to clog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts