Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a project we have been working on, the custom welded rails should be done at the end of the week. The stucco color coat should get done soon (as long as the weather cooperates. Stone should start after the color coat is complete. We built the "shed" in an area that does not allow sheds... We got that design through the HOA since it looks exactly like the garage and the door faces the back where no one can see it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,822 Posts
Very nice Robert. Is that your favorite decking, nice colors. It's too bad no suppliers here carry it.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The lean to, is the shed (with the single garage door) & a very nice one too. Good work.
Steve

Looks great, although it doesn't really look like a shed to me. Did you have to tear down the whole existing structure or were you able to salvage some?

I look forward to seeing the completed pics.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Great work as usual.
Marty should be paying you
to use his stuff. :laughing:

Are those indoor/outdoor rooms
popular out there?
Back here that would likely be a
three-season enclosed porch
type thing.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Nice Bobby!

That is without a doubt, the strangest structure and mix of building materials I have every seen!

It's like a deck, but not.

It's like a room, but not.

It's like a patio, but not.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Nice Bobby!

That is without a doubt, the strangest structure and mix of building materials I have every seen!

It's like a deck, but not.

It's like a room, but not.

It's like a patio, but not.
That's what I was talking about. :thumbsup:
That kind of thing is rarer
than rare back here.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. I get inspiration from all the great guys around here.

This kind of project is fairly popular around here made popular by a local company that builds these styles in the $100,000-$600,000 range. I am often confused with this company (they are THE company statewide). My goal is to make this company know who I am and be worried when selling against me. I hope to be doing a lot more projects like this after this one. I now ask everyone I meet with if they want to do a roof cover.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
I see the unfinished back of the stair skirt...Do you paint that or something?

You know, looking at that whole project again, I think it's pretty useful. Is there heat in the enclosed part?

Wondering if there's a market for a hybrid project like that around here. You guys obviously have colder and hotter weather than us. If it works there....hmm....

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greg,

We will use the CX touch up paint for the back side of the stair fascia for sure. There is a 45,000 BTU gas tube heater installed it should make that room nice and toasty.

I would absolutely try and sell one of these Greg, the pictures from this deck will likely sell many more like it for me. If you can start this trend out there.... one of a kind... Go for it! If you have questions or want help with designs (not that you need help, your work and designs are awesome) drop me a line or call me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts