Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Nice looking job! Pretty similar to some that are going up here.

..............Except for the trusses, of course.:whistling

Started the basement on mine today. Luckily, no arches, at least so far.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I'm really not wild about the small roof that dives into the house or the fact that the roofers trash the tyvek, but otherwise it did turn out nice. I'm on a big shack now with a crazy roof, I'll have to get some picks up for all the truss haters out there

·
Registered
669 Posts
I see that there is no stair stringer in the picture? How is the trim done on that in the future? And, I know you just built it, not designed it, BUT, to me that little tri-angle shaped roof, design, look dumb!! Just my 2 cents worth! Good job!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The step down area is actually a girder w/ hangers and a wall framed under it. The curve on the gable was scaled off the plan. Then I just punched in the rise and run on my construction master to get the radius.
There is a stair stringer, it's hard to see but we hold it off framing an inch and a half to leave room for drywall and a finish stringer

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm on a big shack now with a crazy roof, I'll have to get some picks up for all the truss haters out there
Surely, you don't mean me????:no:

Remember, I did 22 of these last year.

Attachments

Reactions: tyb525

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It wasn't directed at anyone specific, I'm just sayin. I believe I heard some thing about complex roofs being next to impossible with trusses. I'll post pics of the roof I set today a little later

1 - 20 of 28 Posts