Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fist off HELLO. This is my finst of many future post on this web site. :cheesygri I have been looking around (lurking) for a fews days now and thought I'd say HI.

Now on to the advice I really need help with. I am currently working HVAC, but with the slow season and RITA (the Tx hurricane) coming up. I am considering going into the demo/clean up business for myself. I have been in the construction field for over six years now but I am not licensed in any particular field. I have worked for a cartenter, a pool (construction) company, and a service (HVAC/Refrigeration/CFESA) company. This is going to be a HUGE step for me and my family. So, I might need to put on my big shoes and take that step.
But I know you can't get rich working for someone else.
What would be some of the steps I need to take to assure that I am doing things like insurance/bonding the correctly?

What kind of tools would be at the top of your list if you were going to do the same thing?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see 'archives' listed. Click it and then on 'Business' and check out all of the posts that you want, then go to "Marketing" and do the same. What's there should answer 95% of your questions, it's a veritable fountain of information.

Our Building Dept. has a checklist for new applicants, your's should too. Decide what you want to do and ask the lady at the desk for the proper list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts