Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 64 rebar cages to build and am thinking about cutting some "T" shapes thick enough for a piece of 3/4 plywood to go thru. "T's" would be alternating offset of the center on a strip of 3/4 plywood that would still be able to come out of some rebar cages I need to build. The "T's" would receive another piece of plywood thinner than the top of the "T" thru the top of the "T's" with some 90 degree attached brackets that would fit thru the bottom part of the "T's." The top of the flat plywood would hold the loop, then drop to the next hole for the next loop. Anybody out there ever build a plywood jig for tying rebar cages? Can I save time by not having to measure or mark any of the rebar that is being made into cages?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying, but I've tied some rebar cages like you show.

The best thing would be to be able to hang one of your vertical rods on a horizontal hanger and then hang the loops on that and tie away.

Also, get your rods laid out on the ground, measure and mark with spray paint all once.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Don't mess with trying to tie it vertical.

The ramrod iron workers on my current job have two metal posts for hanging the verticals on. They slide the hoops, are they called stirrups? on, and lay the rods inside them and tie.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Make 4 horses.Use a 2' square piece of plywood for the base with a 4 x 4 post on the center braced off with 2 x 4's.Cut a v in the top of the posts.You can put a couple pieces of rebar in the V's to support the cage.Lay two pieces of your vertical bars acrossed the horses and tie all of your bands on the two Then you can add the other vertical rebar and space and tie them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts