Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a hydraulic rebar bender. Old, antique, or even shop made. I don't have the time/machine tools/space to build one that I want, and I want to do all prebends for stuff we do.

I might modify a log splitter that I use with my Bobcat...but thought I would see if any of the crew has a machine sitting they want to turn into cash.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
$ 1,600.00 buys one just outside L.A., made in China, can do up to #6, Hitachi VB16Y is still about $ 1,800.00 new

These are not tools you really want to buy used

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kind of looking for a floor model electric sweep style....the ones that go for $4000 new. I just bought the new rebar cutter that will zip #4 in a second with no sparks...carbide cutter wheel. $300. Supposed to cut up to #7. Extra blades are $25.

So now, a bender. Dedicated machine for rainy days.

·
Contractor
7,655 Posts
I have one of the Hitachi, it's been a great machine. I could see building a bending table around it pretty easily.

When we have a lot of cutting and bending to do, I work off of one of my trailers. The deck height is much better than working off the ground. Repetitive bends are easy and accurate.

What new cutter are you referring to?

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
And if you do buy one, let me know, I want one too, Hopefully ship it to you, I'll get it picked up and brought to me. I have a distrust trying to get stuff shipped across the border

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the one. My cost from BuildBlock is like $275 plus blades, and I was skeptical when I saw it, but after seeing it in action, all I can say is WOW!. If the blades last as promised, and according to a few guys there who have them, they say it is all as promised.

If you want one Chris, I will order it today.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one of the Hitachi, it's been a great machine. I could see building a bending table around it pretty easily.

When we have a lot of cutting and bending to do, I work off of one of my trailers. The deck height is much better than working off the ground. Repetitive bends are easy and accurate.

What new cutter are you referring to?
I would give you $100 for yours Tom. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder how those $700 hydraulic benders work? Slow? PITA, what? Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I think the log splitter would make a good one.. Could make it gang bend 4-6 at a time:shifty:

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They did it like 3 times in a blink of an eye. I ordered one on the spot.

So how about $200 Tom....keeping in mind I am your friend?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts