Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You must be a registered user to use this service.

The CONTRACTOR SWAP forum is for contractors to buy, sell, and trade tool and equipment with each other. IT IS NOT FOR BUSINESSES TO SELL ITEMS TO CONTRACTORS.

Example: If you make, distribute, or sell a tool you cannot advertise it here. However, If you are a contractor who has a used truck or tool you are trying to get rid of you may post an ad here. See the difference?
If not send me an email before posting: http://www.contractortalk.com/sendmessage.php.

Also, make sure you have read the TERMS OF SERVICE located here: Terms Of Service before posting in this forum.
Please pay particular attention to this section in the TOS:
g) As a condition of buying and selling items listed in any forum of Contractor Talk, Buyer and Seller agree that Contractor Talk is not brokering or otherwise participating in any purchase or sale. Contractor Talk has no knowledge of the terms of sale, the condition of any items offered for sale, the accuracy of any aspect of the sale or the use to which any item shall be put. Buyer assumes all responsibility for proper use of any item so purchased. Buyer acknowledges that improper use of some or all of the items offered for sale on Contractor Talk may cause serious injury or death. Buyer shall seek qualified assistance and instruction in the use of all items purchased. Users may not post links to any off-site “for-sale” items or any auctions.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um, software in general is hard to validate. There are a lot of licenses out there that state you can't transfer ownership at all. I'm fine with everything else but I don't think I want software being traded.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is legal to sell your software, but you must include all copies of the software made, delete all copies of the software that may be one your computer, you must include all the docutmentation that came with the software (which will include the license and product ID number).
Wether or not you will allow it to be sold here is your decision, but I believe it is legal to sell it.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Referring back to section g of the TOS -
Contractor Talk is not brokering or otherwise participating in any purchase or sale. Contractor Talk has no knowledge of the terms of sale, the condition of any items offered for sale, the accuracy of any aspect of the sale or the use to which any item shall be put. Buyer assumes all responsibility for proper use of any item so purchased.
That pretty much covers the involvement of Contractor Talks liability for such items.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I take it your wanting to sell software huh?

The last time I actually read the MSFT TOS was for Windows 95 so things have probably changed but it used to state that software could only change hands once. After that it was considered an illegal trade.

I guess if you can sell it on ebay there shouldn't be any problem selling it here. So go head and post it if you want.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Nope.. no software that I have to sell. I was just saying that I don't think ContractorTalk could be held liable for an exchange of anything. It's the sellers and buyers ultimate responsibility - ignorance is not a defense. :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I donate all of my old equipment, the write offs are worth twice as much as you could sell it for. Make certain that the disk (s) are clean.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Just a FYI
Most software companies will allow the sale of software as long as all copies and PIDs go with it. On the other hand Microsoft is quite different. When it comes to operating system software it is sole one time on one computer. If it is installed on a computer the license belongs to that computer and cannot be transfered legaly. By the license agreement if the computer dies you must legaly buy an new OS.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah we wouldn't want to rob poor ole bill gates, my god the man probably is barely able to feed himself these days :eek: :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Pro, data stays on the drive until it is overwritten. There are some programs out there that will do this for you, DiskWasher comes to mind.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
the DOD wipe is the best I never tried to do a recover after doing it but if is good enough for the DOD it must be good. I did a DOD wipe on a old comp but set the setting to 100 wipes and did it about ever day. dod does seven. One program out there for free is BC wipe.

And if your that paraniod just use a big fi'n magnet.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Big magnet does it every time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is legal to sell your software, but you must include all copies of the software made, delete all copies of the software that may be one your computer, you must include all the docutmentation that came with the software (which will include the license and product ID number).
Wether or not you will allow it to be sold here is your decision, but I believe it is legal to sell it.
There is a name you can trust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts