Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm about to undertake a renovation in Barcelona, Spain and was wondering if anyone had anyone had experience working in Spain. The property I am doing is a two storey house with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms a kitchen. It's not a large house, approximately 170m2 living space in total. And would electic heating be preferencial to water heating. I hear the cost of electic heating can be quite expensive. I'm looking for a rough guide price with a full re plumbing throughout and this has to be done on quite a low budget. And if possible the quote in Euros. Also if possible the quote to be without the cost of baths showers and sinks and any other fixtures. so just the plumbing up to all the rooms with just tails capping the water.

Kind regards, Roo

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Five first class tickets to Barcelona, accommodations in four star hotel for same, 3500.00 Euros walking around money, meals and booze. the wife speaks Spanish fluently.
I'll so it for free after that.

Andy.

BTW how does one heat electric?
With solar power,duh....

Reactions: Celtic

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So anyone got any idea on price. Although the posts were very useful. I would appreciate a price of some sort.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
The problem with plumbing is it could be very simple to plumb in or very hard to plumb in. It's not like giving a price on laying some tile to a certain size area as you never know what your gonna come across. I know a lot of people who work in spain from the UK and they make good money as it's all english people who live out there but i have no idea what the going rate for a plumber in spain is. £250-350 a day for a UK plumber might be the going rate for the spanish also but witout being at the job site to see the area it's very hard to give a price. Most places in spain would prob use the same system as the US like the HVAC units. A lot of places will prob use seperate boiler and AC also. I wouldnt run electric unless your in a part of spain where it's hot all year round as it would cost a fortune. The best route would be gas Boiler, Rads, And Seperate AC units.

·
Registered
801 Posts
It amazes me when a person comes to a chat board looking for pricing on a job. Especially a job so vague and full of risks as this one.
Roo, I don't know how anyone here could help you. Any advice we gave you might even be detrimental to your success.
Good luck,
rj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts