Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two car garage must go. What's the best way to raze one? I don't want to reverse the building process when it was built by starting at the top removing the roof then the walls etc., etc. I'd rather just push it down. But how? Cut every other wall stud on opposite side of where we're going to push it with back hoe or start on top and push down? We can't torch it for there are telephone wires nearby.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Rent a mini-ex with a thumb to pull it apart and load it in dumpsters or dump trucks.

Use your backhoe to push/pull it apart, then use the loader to load it into dumpsters or trucks.

Rent a bulldozer and push it over.

In short take something with a diesel engine and hydraulic atachments and have fun. Beat it apart.

Reactions: XanadooLTD

·
Registered
78 Posts
I watched a guy demo a garage one time. He slid a dumpster right into the stall and just went to town with a backhoe.... Tore it down and loaded it up in one step.... Thought it was pretty clever.... It was just one stall you might need two dumpsters....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Everything is going wireless now. Just torch it and send a bill to the telephone company for removing their old copper lines.

This is the only way to go. Be a man. Step up and do it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You don't need/want to remove 2x4's, just remove whatever is resisting racking forces on the two sides you want to fold. Set up some temp bracing then take out the t1-11, sheathing, let in bracing, whatever. then push or pull it over.

·
Super Moderator
10,707 Posts
We moved a two car garage once to a new foundation using a crane. I wonder if you could strategically rig something, hook it to a crane, and rip it inside out. Maybe grab the door header, lift it, raise it up maybe 40 feet, and drop it??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts