Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sales Manager
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I've been working for a small fence co. for a while. We won a big indust. chain link job & the customer company needs our current rate sheet, along with the material & labor seperated. I did the latter, but I need to know how to come up with a "Rate Sheet" & I'm not sure what all I need to put on it or how the thing should be laid out. Can some one help me with this? The sooner the better. I would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff B.
Lawrenceburg, IN

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Help the Man do his Job...................Like what is the dude geting paid for?????

Tell ya what I will do the rate sheet for ya but I need some footings dug so I will trade :hang: even up. Jon Mon

·
Sales Manager
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, J.A. Oops! I mean J.H.:whistling I don't want some one to do my job for me. I've just never dealt with rate sheets. I would venture to say that you've asked questions before in your search for greater knowledge that made other people think that you are a dumb arse. Does it make you feel smarter when you are finally able to speak out to make some one else feel that way? Or were you born smarter than everyone else?

BTW: I did my job & got it turned in all by myself! I feel like such a big kid, now! Thanks for your motivation, J.A. Oops! I did it again. Sorry J.H.
With all your wisdom, I'm sure you can figure out what J.A. stands for, right? If not, let me know & I'll send you and p.m.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Rate sheets come in all sizes, shapes, and varieties. Parts rates, time rates, quantity rates, wage rates, loan rates, payment rates. Try asking the outfit just what information they want shown on this "rate sheet". The two of you might be talking apples & oranges, and he could be expecting something altogether different than you would deliver.

Jeff, I sent you an email.

Reactions: LinksFenceJeff

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You'll get some decent input here but try to avoid giving them one. Tell them its proprietary information that you can't disclose due to the competitive environment of the business. However you'll be glad to bid any job that comes up. So many factors...labor, material, access, insurance, equip. Don't get locked into a rate. Remember - what you give them if anything will always be used against you !

I believe the rate sheet is for their future planning / budgeting / facilities management. They requested one, not required one. First see what happens when you don't ?

·
Sales Manager
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
J.H. - Sorry. Bad, bad day & it really struck me wrong.

Willie T. - I did not get your email.

I sent a price sheet to the customer & was told that it was close enough.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts