Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told the guy to get SuperPaint. I emailed him and was very specific. He got Behr Premium Plus instead because it was a little cheaper. :blink: Paint is paint, right?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Are you getting paid by the hour? Yes or no, tell him he now needs to buy more paint, either primer or more finish paint, for the extra coat you'll be putting on.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Are you getting paid by the hour? Yes or no, tell him he now needs to buy more paint, either primer or more finish paint, for the extra coat you'll be putting on.
Superpaint

Best value exterior house paint:
*Pros
Endurance
Good value
Easy for DIYers to work with
25-year warranty
*Cons
Shorter warranty than Sherwin-Williams Duration
Usually requires primer plus two coats

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have an interest in providing the best paint job I can. My name is on the job and if the paint doesn't perform how the customer expects then it will always be on me.

Have I put on paint that I didn't want to because the customer bought it or wanted it used up, yes and I usually regret it.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I am pretty specific about the products I use anymore. I like the SW products because I know how they work.

I have customers all the time asking about different things they see on TV or read about online. I will research it and give them my thoughts. Usually I can get them to use the product I prefer, but not always.

If it is something like interior paint, I don't really care so much and just keep my mouth shut and deal with the extra drips or coats.

If it is something like a deck stain, or exterior paint that needs to perform, I will be much more insistent.

Most name brand paints are decent enough, but there are times where you need to know how a product will perform in order to deal with extenuating circumstances or problem surfaces, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts