Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 284 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
Just work 7 days a week for a few weeks and you don't have to be an old man to do it.
I have taken maybe 5 days off this summer, a couple Saturdays and 3 Sundays I think. I started the same chapter of 12 Rules for Life and finished half a glass of whiskey four days in a row now

Looking foward to long weekends of clearing brush and building projects around my place this Winter. I have earned it and the mental toil without the physical toil makes me want to spend all day on a chain saw or tractor or welding or something

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: overanalyze

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,286 Posts
I pulled a 3115 hour year and then had to reflect on that. It's just too much. So I try not to go over about 2500 hours a year. It doesn't always work, but I don't think I've pulled another 3000+ hour year.

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
I pulled a 3115 hour year and then had to reflect on that. It's just too much. So I try not to go over about 2500 hours a year. It doesn't always work, but I don't think I've pulled another 3000+ hour year.
I dont keep up with hours at all anymore, but the first 7 was about 350 days a year, 10-13 hour days. Now days no matter what I spend time with the kids in the morning, and I quit at 5 unless I have an event, I have stuff to do with the kids in the evening. My schedule is whatever I make it so taking off in the middle of the day to take a hike with the kids or shoot hoops for a minute etc.... makes my being stressed from overwork non existent, especailly compared to that first 7 years running jobs, banging nails, hauling material, estimating jobs, selling jobs, sitting on boards etc.

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
Lol

Reactions: overanalyze

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
Yep

Reactions: tgeb

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
That scotch fillet steak looks a lot like a ribeye to me.
I dont know what a scotch fillet is

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,286 Posts
Yep

Plus me not eating it isn't going to bring it back to life. Chow down.

·
Registered
12,021 Posts
Do the cows understand the concept of life? Did the sticker lickers ask Chloe if that was really her na,e and if she wanted to live?

Tpm

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts
**** that Pabst and get a Shiner, otherwise, very real lol

·
Super Moderator
25,944 Posts

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
**** that Pabst and get a Shiner, otherwise, very real lol

Heck, that's me at work. No beer needed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jaws
201 - 220 of 284 Posts