Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very strong car port right outside my detached garage. Its the same same size of the garage. I want to put walls on the sides. The place where the walls would set on the floor does not have concrect. I really want to stay away from pouring concrect. The walls will be made from 2X4 siding on the out side to look just like the garage. What would be the best way to attach the walls to the floor? that Like I said it does not have concrect. Its just dirt and grass.

Thanks!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I know that you don't want to think concrete but that is the only way that I would do it, otherwise think rot within a few years.
Structural resins and engineering plastics are available but the cost is currently prohibitive. My personal experience with them indicates that they still have a way to go. They sell Porterhouse and deliver hot dogs.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I don't really know what you are trying to do. When you say attach the walls to the floor, what floor are you talking about? You said you don't have a pad nor are you going to pour one. Is the floor just the ground? How about .60 pressure treated lumber. A couple of rows of 6x6s for sill plates on the ground?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more info.

I should have been more specific. I am sorry everyone. There is concrect on the floor. However, the walls will be about 6 inchs outside the concrect square. So let me explain. The carport has four 4X4 steel posts, there is a concrect square that is about 4 inches per side smaller than the square that the posts actualy make. The posts are on the grass area. Probably settled with cement or something. So the walls I want to put it, will be actualy be seating on the grass since they will go from post to post on each side of the car port.

thanks everyone for your valuable knowledge.

Joey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts