Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an interior wooden railing leading to a 2nd flr.....painted or stained.

Pros Cons?

I cannot ever recall seeing a handrail painted [unless it was a powder coat over metal].

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
I've seen a couple wood handrails painted cant say i really liked it. Seemed alot more prone to show dirt and dings. The newel post caps always seem to be down to bare wood on the sharp edges whenever i see it painted.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a couple wood handrails painted cant say i really liked it. Seemed alot more prone to show dirt and dings. The newel post caps always seem to be down to bare wood on the sharp edges whenever i see it painted.

Those were my thoughts....toss a couple of kids into the mix, the paint won't stand a chance.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Those were my thoughts....toss a couple of kids into the mix, the paint won't stand a chance.
You didn't mention kids involved...I would scuff the handrail up, drag it behind your truck, making large splinters that would be prone to easily come off...

That'll teach those kids to touch that handrail again....

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You didn't mention kids involved...I would scuff the handrail up, drag it behind your truck, making large splinters that would be prone to easily come off...

That'll teach those kids to touch that handrail again....
:laughing:

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I thought it might be for proping one's self up, while stradling the hole in the floor where the crapper was!:laughing::laughing:
The hole where the crapper was now has a crapper flange :thumbsup:
No signs of much of anything else :no:

:laughing:
Honestly, I just thought you were being saftey conscious.:whistling
In a way I am....it might keep the kids from breaking their necks on the stairs.....it's a given I'll fall down the stairs :wacko: due to stepping on a "Barbie" shoe or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts