Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Ragged bathroom

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  mtm 
#1 ·
These are some pics of my bathroom I ragged. When you do mostly apartment repaints it's fun to play with color in my spare time.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Have to agree with you there Grumpy. I didn't think I'd be the only one that thought so. I'm not knocking you're skills either athens but I find those colour combinations nauseating. I can only imagine having to use that bathroom after a good night of drinking.

#8 ·
Color

Yes I love lots of color and modern looks. I understand it's not for most people. It just makes me so happy to see a real color on the walls. Everything today is stout oatmeal, mushroom colors. My old partner and I called it band-aid puke. When I go into homes I don't try to talk anyone into anything too bold, but inside I'm cringing over the beige.

#9 ·
I like it. In fact, if you stare at the first image and allow your gaze to slowly unfocus you can see maybe...is it a stegasaurus? No - no- I think it's a....damn it! I can never get this 3-d art stuff. :mad: :mad:

#11 ·
To each their own.
I painted a house last year where each room was a different primary color, bold too. Green living room, blue kitch, yellow sunroom...... reminded me of Ringling Bros. but they were thrilled.

#14 ·
I have always been curious about that. I can paint an entire interior without getting a speck on me. I look at some painters and wonder if they got any on the wall and I think that all of them consider their clothes as one big rag.

#15 ·
I can paint and not get any paint (or at least not much on me) but when my pants are clean other painters look at me like I'm a hack. If I have war spots on my pants they respect me more. I know it's odd. I do wear fairly clean t-shirts. I've never gotten a painting job wearing street clothes, so when I go out to look for work, I wear my painting clothes and pretend I was working earlier in the day. I must admit that when I see other women painters I'm skeptical of their ablities, so I don't judge guys when they do it to me. This is Georgia.

#17 ·
I was watching a new hire earlier in the week and every time he would make a mistake he would wipe it up with his finger and wipe it on his clothes. That's when I noticed how MANY smudges were on him and started to think that he's not all that good. He also rested his brush on an upturned can lid and then sat on them...... I had to leave the room. LOL

#18 ·
Tomorrow give him a caulk gun and you'll really see some action!

I've gotten so picky about my brushes and tools over the years. I've worked for a few contractors that didn't have as much experience as me and every time they end up snatching up my duster to go paint something, or sticking my brush down into my paint when I'm away for a minute. It drives me crazy.

I really can't wait to get back to painting. This forum is helping me get off my duff.

#19 ·
Teetorbilt said:
He also rested his brush on an upturned can lid and then sat on them...... I had to leave the room. LOL
Sweet Mother Mary of Jesus I saw a painter do that. I also had a painter take the lid off a 5 and pour some in his pot. He walked away leaving the lid resting against the 5. It ran all over the hardwood floor. A complete idiot! :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Athens, a ran a condo project years back, I hired nothing but women painters, at one point there was three crews of them. The only bad thing that came about from it was that all the rest of my crews gathered around when it was time to paint the base boards.

................well maybe that wasn't the only bad thing.........but it seemed good at the time.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.