Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ultimate touch
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of nice size projects that I would like to get some attention on. Im going to do a radius mailing. Im interesting in knowing how many of you have had success with this type of mailing. How many times do you mail to the list. Each time you mail are the letters the same or different? How many households do you hit up with your mailing? Last of all what company do you hire to do the mailings and why? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have a couple of nice size projects that I would like to get some attention on. Im going to do a radius mailing. Im interesting in knowing how many of you have had success with this type of mailing. How many times do you mail to the list. Each time you mail are the letters the same or different? How many households do you hit up with your mailing? Last of all what company do you hire to do the mailings and why? Thanks in advance.

Look into Market sharp marketing software. It can do all this for you in house.

As to marketing the radius, you need to hit them three times and follow it up with either a phone call or home visit. Research shows you need to make three impressions before a consumer pays attention.

I've done this with some success. I like to do a .5 mile radius no more. There's a good chance they're close enough that they'll drive by routinely.
Make sure there's a job sign. When people see your work you become more tangible and legitimate.

Each message should be different and progressively take to them to a sale or special that your running.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
539 Posts
www.colonypress.com

they mail the nearest 200 homeowners a postcard with the address of the job done in their neighborhood. Costs $84.00 for the postcard, postage and putting together the add featured on the card.

For another $15.00, they supply the phone numbers of the people who get the postcards, but keep in mind--it's from a "scrubbed" list, and you;re likely only to get about 20% of the numbers,....But for the others, you can use www.whitepages.com for free and do a reverse search on the addresses supplied and get the numbers that way as well.

Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
We use MarketSharp in house and mail around every single job that we do. We send out mailings each and every week. The software is extremely easy to use and a mailing can be completed in under an hour. Plus you have more control over it by doing it in-house.

Some manufacturers (like Alside and Great Lakes Windows) have radius mailing programs. You might check with some of your product manufacturers to see if they have any programs available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I received my mail today, I had a flyer from a company that does jobsite mailings! Thought I'd pass on the information because the mailer is very nice.

Jobsite Mailing
www.JobSiteMailing.com
[email protected]
877-465-6274

You can receive a 10% discount off your first order my entering or mentioning the code "Hanley". I don't know anything about the company nor have I done business with them in the past so check them out carefully.

Regards,
Annette

·
Roofing sales pro
101 Posts
the white pages is not a strong enough seach eninge for getting the whole info you need and it takes o long my way it spits 30 homes, names and address a pop. If use correctly at a dollar and 32 cents a home you will start geting calls looking professional, showing you are professional and well thats half the battle if im mistaken

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im going to say this ONE TIME! Courier Routes, courier routes! select an address in an area you really want to target and then gather the courier routes within a 1 mile radius, Pick 3 of the closest normally 1600 names, and saturate those courier routes at least 3 times, at 2-3 weeks apart. You will get much better results doing this, than sending 5000 cards to 5000 different homes 1 time.

·
Registered
826 Posts
For jobsite radius mailings I use MarketSharp and do it in house.

I do it once per month to about 25 different jobsites.

For a jobsite radius mailing to work you have to mention the name and address of a job that you did.

Postcards work better than letters and it would help if you have a variety of cards to mail.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Maximum distance?

In your experience what is the maximum distance from a jobsite that you can mail to before it becomes ineffective?

I am assuming you are mentioning the name and address of a customer that you worked for.

I think about .5 miles is good, 1 mile is stretching it.

I’ll go farther if there is neighborhood I want to get in to and I don’t have a reference to use.

I’ve tried mailing into new neighborhoods without a jobsite reference and the response is next to nothing.

·
Roofing sales pro
101 Posts
What i have done in the past is the day i see a customer i will send out a thank you card for letting us be a part of their home improvment project. Then if we get the job i use a pardon my dust letter 15 houses up and down the street. If i didnt get the job i still go 30 homes up and down the street with the proper names with phone numbers that are called 4 to 5 days after they are mailed. You can send out 5000 cards and get a few bites. How about going up and down a street, without spending 2200 in stamps. when you only spend 13.20. Does that make better sense and this works no matter what street you are on.

Heres proof go check it out:
http://www.411.com/reverse_address

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
In order for a radius program to work you need to make three impressions on the HO. IOW you need three post cards or letters. Studies show it's the third impression that gets the reaction. You'll need to have a call to action on the third card with an expiration date that's very close (a sense of urgency). It's a numbers game, the more you mail the more leads you'll get. However, the NATIONAL AVERAGE IS 1/4 OF 1% RETURN.

·
DavidMoore
17 Posts
Depending on what type of contractor you are and average revenues per job, radius marketing can be expensive.

But it works! At least it did for me.

When I was broke, I used doorhangers to manually canvas the neighborhood. I just couldn't do a bunch of house by myself.

I used BK2 (or B2K) Marketing. They sold our in the past year and I'm pretty sure they are Radius Connection now. But they allow a minimum of 50 cards which is nice. Many have the 100 minimum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.