Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
are you talking new construction or existing construction. First depending on your area natural gas boiler which would supply the radiant floor heating would have a cheaper operating cost then electric. I have never heard of a electric radiant floor heating system. Any heating contractor would be able to install a gas radiant floor heating system. All assume your talking existing construction. It would go something like this. PEX TUBING would be installed in two loops between each floor joice than a piece of aluminum with groves in it would be installed to hold tubes in place. you would than insulate under the aluminum so the heat would go up instead of down. NEW CONSTRUCTION instead of going under inbetween the floor joist you would put it on top of the plywood subfloor after a installation of what i call groved board is layed down and then screwed down. You then just insert pex into the groves. HYDRONIC IS NOTHING MORE THAN A FANCY WORD MEANING HOT WATER GAS BOILER. :Thumbs: I SERIOUSLY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A ELECTRIC FLOOR HEATING SYSTEM FOR A WHOLE HOUSE :eek: YOUR IN THE CORRECT LOCATION FOR THE ELECTRIC QUESTION BUT GO TO HVAC FOR THE HYDRONIC RADIANT FLOOR HEATING SYSTEM.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.