Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Swanny
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, have a project coming up that has TT Radiance Railings. It's a multi level deck with a glass sided gas fireplace on the second level (10' AG). The architect has asked for glass panels in the Radiance Rail for that area so the fireplace can be seen from afar. For the ambience of course. :rolleyes:

My question is have any of you ever set glass panels in Radiance before and what system worked for you. I have a few ideas of my own but I always look forward to your input. Thanks.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
You can do cool things with Radiance Rail now that they sell the lower cap undrilled.

I never did glass panels, but I have done other "non-standard" things with RR and it's worked great.

·
Swanny
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greg, I was thinking of taking the bottom rails from one of the aluminum rail suppliers that have the rubber gasket inserts for glass panels and attaching them on top and bottom of the Radiance.

Just have to get the aluminum rails painted or powder coated to match the Radiance which are going to be Classic Black.

Attachments

·
Swanny
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't think I could dado deep enough for support.

There are 2 "H" rails for support rails and then a top rail cap and a bottom rail cap that slip over the "H" supports.

Bottom cap is about 1/4" thick . The "H" rail on top is a little thicker but with two hollow sections.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts