Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for opinions on software to do quotes for Painting, Re-Modeling, Finished Basements, Roofing, and Siding.

Thank you in advance,

Pete

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
I'm not familiar with software that does all that you do, but do a search for 'evergreen', I do believe it was produced by Lynn Fife, who also offers 'Eagle Bid'. If you have any computer skills, mainly using Excel, do as I did. Download CPRSoft PaintCost to see how it works and use it as a template, and create your own. Its a free download. Hope that helps.

And actually, do a google search for 'estimating software', and you will get a lot of results, surely something there will be right for your situation. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Estimating Software

I did a Google search and found several. What I was hoping to hear for is an overwelming response for one or two programs that people use on a daily basis.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Xactimate for Remodelers seems to be ok. It's from the people that provide the software that alot of insurance carriers use-- benefit if you do any insurance work. They'll send a demo to try...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try looking at PEP- we use it and Timberline. PEP is a far less expensive route to take. We also use Quicken Pro and Quickbooks for accounting and invoices. All work, but it is still a matter of knowing your rates and production levels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts