Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the diffrents between QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks for Contractor . Which one is better for contractor. They are diffrent in price also. QuickBooks Pro arounf $200 and QuickBooks For Contractor around $350 . What would you suggest gays?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I've been using Pro for years. My bookkeeper added some updates to it which allow her to access it from her office.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
COntractor edition has contractor specifric accounts at startup, as well as some contractor specific pre-configured reports. All in all, it (contractor edition) was a another way for intuit to sell more copies :)

What I did was set my company up in contractor premier trial edition then switched to pro full version. Most of the contractor features transfered over.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I am pretty anal on tracking costs and honestly the Premier set of account codes didn't quite cut it either. I ended up deleting all of them and creating my own :) . For most companies though - I agree - the accounts would be more than enough.

·
Business Consulting
268 Posts
Accountants Edition give you all the features of all the Pro additions I'm pretty sure, so if you want to cover all bases, just get the Accountants addition. Also..there are many dbsolutions for contractors to use with QB. www.infoplusaccounting.com is one of them, specifically for remodelers and home builders, but there are many others out there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
We use "myivoices" for service and repair, as we have used this for years, from there we tranpose them into quickbooks for invoicing and tracking.

bjd

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
hatchet said:
I am pretty anal on tracking costs and honestly the Premier set of account codes didn't quite cut it either. I ended up deleting all of them and creating my own :)

Ditto. Pro is quite workable for me and I have items and classifications in addition to accounts. I'd say go with QB Pro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts