Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Be careful with quickbooks, I am being audited and they require your backup of quickbooks,your password and all other info regarding the program. It will show any changes you made or added and when you did it. no way around it. I hired an attorney to fight the privacy thing but know luck. Just be careful

·
Registered
311 Posts
Be careful with quickbooks, I am being audited and they require your backup of quickbooks,your password and all other info regarding the program. It will show any changes you made or added and when you did it. no way around it. I hired an attorney to fight the privacy thing but know luck. Just be careful
That's called an audit trail and it's standard with professional accounting software, not just QuickBooks. As long as you're running your business honestly and not trying to hide anything it should not normally be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a free trial version to the contractor edition?
I don't think you can get a free trial. I'm not sure though. I like the Contractor edition and am glad I paid the extra money for it. The job costing feature is awesome.

·
John W
26 Posts
Manager

That's called an audit trail and it's standard with professional accounting software, not just QuickBooks. As long as you're running your business honestly and not trying to hide anything it should not normally be an issue.
My understanding is you can turn off the audit trail if you wanted to

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Primtimeon - I've written 3 articles and turned them into an eBook on what to do if the IRS demands a copy of your QuickBooks file. I guess I don't post enough to be able to include a direct link here. You can access my blog through my signature - look on the right hand side in for "Freebie Friday - Your QuickBooks file, the IRS & You eBook".

This is a relatively new procedure with the IRS and many people are concerned over what will happen once they get their hands on the file - like will they look at information for other than the year that is being audited.

It's like handing the keys to your home, boat, car, etc over to a stranger and saying "go for it".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts