Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Since Joist decided to charge, I decided to use Quickbooks for estimates and invoices. I already have it, so I might as well.

Here is my problem. On multiple page estimates, the top third is used for the same as the front page. So my company and info, customer info, date, etc, are on every page.
I don't like it. I want the first page to have the information, but not the following pages.

How do I get this removed from the other pages? I've googled this everyway I can think of. No luck.

Thanks in advance.

I prefer Joist. If they could fix some glitches, I might stick with it. It's pretty easy to use. I've talked to them, multiple times, they always say they will work on it. Never do.

Registered
I have used quickbooks as well, and found this to be a big pain also, but never did find a way to get following pages to stop displaying all that extra info. Quickbooks must have some shares in the paper companies 馃槀

I am looking into using programs like buildertrend or coconstruct this time around, and I'm not sure of the layouts. I would be interested in hearing responses about quickbooks if there is a work around for this issue.

Registered
I believe Quickbook Enterprise is a little more customizable, as far as the header/footer showing on every page. The others are pretty much set how they are (other than the page layout).

I called quickbooks to try and figure out how to get the words 'total' to only show up on the last page, instead of just being blank on all pages. I was more or less told to upgrade if it was that much of a concern.

GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
I don't like that either. I'll check on my program tomorrow. I'm using 2019 QB Premier Contractors Edition. Always hated it but never gave it a second look.

Mike.

GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
I have mine customized with my logo and what not, but can't find the part that allows me to leave the logo off page two or more. I just looked. Not saying it's not there, I just couldn't find it.

Mike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate everyone's input.

I'm using 2018 Premier Contractor's Edition.

Looks like the online version has taken care of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts