Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Questions about California C-Class Contractors Licenses

1628 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  yossi2257

I'm glad I found this forum. I don't currently have a contractor's license in California, but I'm hoping to get a C-class license, specifically: fire protection, electrical, or plumbing and opening a business. I have a few questions I hope a contractor can answer for me...

1. If I hold a contractors C-class specialty class license must I register my employees with the contractors state license board (CSLB), or have them listed on my license? What about someone who works for my company but is not an employee--if they work under me do they have to be registered on file with the CSLB or listed on my license?

2. Workers Compensation Insurance Question: How do insurance companies charge for the different contracting trades (i.e. plumbing, electrical). For example, I would suspect that an employee working in electrical is at a higher risk for injury than someone in plumbing. So how do insurance companies classify and charge for these different specialties?

3. Do I have to list all of my employees on my workman's compensation insurance policy?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.