Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,590 Posts
TO the guys doing custom cabinets where are you guys getting you hood liners and which one do you like the best and why thanks so much guys
We have ours custom made here locally - See if you can find a local sheet metal fabricator - Make sure he's done it before and knows what he's doing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The last one I did, the fan unit came from the appliance guy. Then the cabinet supplier said "we don't have anything big enough to cover that!"
So I told him I could take care of it for $$$.
Somewhere I have a pic of me standing inside the cover. It took 3 of us to hang the thing

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I've used the local tin banger & had great results. They made some awesome copper hoods. Also used a steel fabrication shop with great results. It's more of a matter of finding a craftsman that will work with you.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I like Ventahood, excellent draw, no big external motor to deal with, multi speed, no mesh filter, employs something called a magic lung that goes in the dishwasher, i really like these units, GMOD

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Third vote for Venta-Hood.
They seem to be dead on in dimension to their cut sheet. Important if you want to build the surround without the liner.

I did a bunch of venta hoods where I insisted on the liner to be drop shipped to the shop. Had absolutely no problem with the sizing. Let my guard down on a Kitchen Aid liner recently and went with the cut sheet only. Wish I hadn't done that. Got a call from the contractor when he was installing the liner, "Doesn't fit". Had to run down there and "find" an extra 1/8" for it to fit. The darn thing was clearly larger than the cut sheet dimension.

Now even the Venta Hoods are drop shipped to the shop.

I live with a Venta Hood by the way. I love that thing if only for the four halogen lamps. Don't turn on the fan when there is a fire in the fireplace though.:laughing:

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Vent a Hood

Vent A Hood all the way.

The ease of cleaning with these Hood fans is the best. That and you can have their motors doubled up and reach 600 CFM for large gas top ranges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts