Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Pro, need your expertise.
When you bring your paper to window or door trim, how do you cut it?
Currently, when Im doing a border, I bring the paper to the trim. I take about 3 inches past the trim, and cut it off. Then once its dries, I use a fresh razor blade and cut it right at the corner of the trim.

Is this a good way to do it? Or do you have a better system?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm not the expert but I do pay attention. All of my paperers run up to a surface with a straightedge and trim it then and there. Some prefer drywallers knives, some painters edging tools and some design their own. They all seem to do it the same way though.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
I always trim as I go, I don't let it dry out. I use a stiff 6" Hyde blade as a guide and Tajima break-off blades. Then I wipe off paste with a fresh wet sponge. Only time I let it dry first is if I'm trimming at a corner that has paper on the opposite side, and I dont want to cut into the other paper. I let it overhang the corner til dry and stiff and cut it then. Hope that explains what you were looking for.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys.
Just a couple of times I cut it wet and ended up ripping the paper. But then I assumed it was because of the type of cutting device I was using.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I see single edge razor blades used the most, I also see a lot of Band-Aids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts