Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how do you other guys from Pennsylvania display your new registration number? For example HIC# PA555555 or Reg# PA555555 or something different?

Thanks Dave

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
Dave,
I've started seeing just the number.

"#5454545"

They (state) really should have been more specific on how they wanted it displayed.

I will put "PA.# 5454545" myself.

·
Money Changer
804 Posts
I've got mine in as HICPA#123456.

I'm to understand it is a registration # tied to the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act, hence HICPA. There probably isn't any right or wrong way.

Another question is has anyone had to challenge the local municipality on their registration fees?

This new state registration is supposed to eliminate them as of 7/1.

I am putting in for a permit next week and am interested to see what happens

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got mine in as HICPA#123456.

I'm to understand it is a registration # tied to the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act, hence HICPA. There probably isn't any right or wrong way.

Another question is has anyone had to challenge the local municipality on their registration fees?

This new state registration is supposed to eliminate them as of 7/1.

I am putting in for a permit next week and am interested to see what happens
i asked that question to a small town building inspector.his answer was we have our own inspector (in house so to speak).so yes you have to pay just as before.then he went on to say some towns will not charge you .some will
its so confusing.these little towns need this money and are not going to want to lose any revenue.politicians screwing us again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts