Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a competitor of mine who had a round sled type tool that had a hole in the middle and wheels on it that he would place on the ground where he was going to auger his hole.

He was able to put the auger bit through the hole and the dirt from the hole would end up on the sled and he would just push it to the next hole and once full he could wheel it away a dump it. I found something online called the "dig jig" that was somewhat like it, but the one I saw was smaller. It looks like it would save me alot of time cleaning up extra dirt.

My question is does anyone have something like this and can give me some info on the manufacturer and any firsthand experience?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dustin, I looked at your website and saw you deal with vinylworks. How do you like their product. I have used Kroy, Master Halco and Bufftech for my vinyl and I am trying to find other companies to deal with. I am wondering if you have any contact info for them or insight into their product?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you like Master Halco? We have an office close by but I haven't used them. The contractor's price list posted on their website looks more like retail rather than wholesale pricing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had good luck with master, I find their prices are in line with my other suppliers. I only buy my chain link and sometimes cedar from them. I use to buy vinyl from them also, but they changed suppliers and I do not like their new stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Save yourself the $475.

Sheet of plywood 48"x48" with a 14"x14" hole in the middle. Auger and let the dirt pile up on the sheet. Helper comes with a clean up shouvel loads up a wheel barrow with dirt from the plywood and cleans out the hole.

Make a few so while the machine is digging one hole the previous can be cleaned.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Save yourself the $475.

Sheet of plywood 48"x48" with a 14"x14" hole in the middle. Auger and let the dirt pile up on the sheet. Helper comes with a clean up shouvel loads up a wheel barrow with dirt from the plywood and cleans out the hole.

Make a few so while the machine is digging one hole the previous can be cleaned.
Ditto.

I would suggest using PT plywood so it last longer and put some 2x4's around the outside to help hold some of the dirt in.

The problem I see with the one in the original post would be the wheels. The wheels would be fine in the middle of the summer but absolutely useless in the spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts