Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beautiful stone work by the way...I asked this in my reply to your q for the bricks ... do you know how to make a sphere from small stone that would set atop a peir?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks also IM a bricklayer ive dabbled with a little stone... is there a web site I can go to to find more info onthe art of stone masonry there are no stone masons where im at most of the stone done here are done buy bricks...I think u can see the differance when u see a stones work and I would love to learn the stones techniques

·
Registered
686 Posts
stonework

joshuatree.....You just have to do it.....you can find out some stuff through books and the internet, but doing it is the best way....try a barbecue in your yard, a pier, anything. You can pick up a few pointers from different guys. Your eyes are your best friend, as scale and balance are huge. If you have pride, you should do ok.....In my mind there is nothing, NOTHING more hideous than bad stonework.....and that is usually done by guys that a) don't know, and b) don't care......it sounds like you care, so with time and patience, you should be ok....ps....get some nice stone....if you're not blessed with patience, tough stones will drive you to drink:wallbash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts