Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
90%-er
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is more conceptual as a learning point, because I have an acceptable alternative that will work.

Scenario:

Added two marine shore power male plugs to trailer. Ran Romex to 4-breaker service panel from the shore power plugs. Four breakers are on two separate bars with their own hot connections (two breakers on each).

If I jumper the two bars together in the box in the trailer , and made sure that the two extension cords supplying power from the house are coming from two plugs on different household circuits, do I effectively have 220 service to the trailer?

Meaning could I hypothetically run the same number of tools/devices on the plugs in my trailer that I would run if those devices were plugged directly into the supply extension cords separately?

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,959 Posts
If I jumper the two bars together in the box in the trailer , and made sure that the two extension cords supplying power from the house are coming from two plugs on different household circuits, do I effectively have 220 service to the trailer?
No.

Meaning could I hypothetically run the same number of tools/devices on the plugs in my trailer that I would run if those devices were plugged directly into the supply extension cords separately?
Probably.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Onmyway...... Pretty much certain that Tin musst understands your wiring,,,, but probably would be helpfull if you submitted an exact schematic.... just to be certain everything is understood.

(I was initially confussed by "jumpering two bars" in your panel, 4 breakers (are you backfeeding), and the nature of your feeds to your panel, and the nature of your two houshold circuts. How many conductors (of romex) have you run.

Jut alot of quetions before I think anyone can be sure what ya got.

Best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts