Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bout a Mgnum xr7. it has a .17 tip. can this be used for ceiling paints? I thought ceing paints were thicker than wall paints but the guy @ home depot is trying to tell me that ceiling paints are thiner? Granted he works @ HD!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey just curious.. in your post from two years ago you asked about the Mgnum xr7. with a .17 tip. how did it do and how do you like the machine and did the tip work well? also if you can, what paint did you use on the ceiling. Texas here.... my folks live in Mint Hill...

thanks!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Keefer

With 9 posts in over 2 years you may be waiting a long time for that answer. So let me.
The xr7 will work for you fine if you only spray a few times a year. The xr7 definetly will handle a .17 tip, and should have no problems choking down ceiling paint.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just make sure and run the storage fluid in it if you don't plan on using the XR for awhile. I actually runn a little paint thinner just through the head- it has lubricant in it- keeps everything nice and parts won't stick.

And, for future reference: asking the clerks at Home Depot any professional opinions is like asking your gardener for his opinion on a neurological disorder.

Bay Area Painting Company

1 - 7 of 7 Posts