Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in Omaha Nebraska and Im thinking about putting an exbit in the Home & Graden expo this year.
My questions are: Has anyone done this?
Does it generate good leads and/or work?
It cost around $350.00 to get into the door (not including flyers, business cards, time ect...) So I dont want to through all this money away if it dont get a good amount of leads.
What is your opinion on going to one of these?

Thanks
Tim Case

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I think it depends on the product Tim, With Glass Rooms? we did great, but that was some years ago.

I guess what I'm trying to say is speacalty products seem to net more leads at home shows. Something found right around the corner seems to get overlooked a little.

Home shows are kinda fun though, Just sit back like a big shark and let the guppies swim right into your mouth. :cheesygri

Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wanting to start a painting business and they have them like 4 times a year between two cities so i figured it might be a good think. I just wanted to get some feed back on it be for I spent the up words of $350.00. Thanks alot for the reply.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
350 isn't bad, some run up over 2000.00, depending the space you need. I priced a 10x10 on the spring espo in St Louis and couldn't believe the cost.

Back when we did a few (80s) we got a 12x12 and it ran about 650.00, this was a home expo however, alot of new home builders and suppliers showing off new products.

Bob

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
The Builder's Network I am newly associated with gets booths for fall and spring shows and usually get a good response. I'm not sure of the costs as I am newly affiliated with them and they cover the show costs as part of my fees. I just have to build a small structure for display i.e. bench, arbour, etc. I think it will depend on the target audience for the show you are considering. It does seem llike a good way to get your company name out to people who are shopping though. If they're going to spend money to get in, they're probably in the market for your services. $350 sounds pretty resonable to me though.

By the way Tim, I see that you are fairly new, so I'll give you a little advise - you don't need to post your question in more than one place. The guys here check for new posts regularly. POsting your question 3 times is excessive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
POsting your question 3 times is excessive.

I agree. We have been in trade shows for the past three years. They always generate far more than the cost of the show. The best thing we did is, we gave a free exterior paint job away for a value of $5000. People filled out the forms and we generated about 3000 names for our database. People love to win things and were in the need for painting. We always send mail and news letters to these people informing them that we will be at the show so they can look for us. They come back, year after year. I wish that our show only cost $350. It runs about $3200 and spots fill up about 8 months in advance. We have made about $125,000 over the course of the three years.
Good luck and if you don't make your spot look nice, don't even bother going. It is a reflection of the work you do!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts