Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That guy
89 Posts
Precisely. I've seen guys really overdo it. It doesn't take much. I have considered using baby shampoo instead. Haven't looked into it but I think it has the glycerin which is the point of adding soap. Locally the only way I've been able to find straight glycerin is in enema form, and I refuse to bring that to a job site.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Precisely. I've seen guys really overdo it. It doesn't take much. I have considered using baby shampoo instead. Haven't looked into it but I think it has the glycerin which is the point of adding soap. Locally the only way I've been able to find straight glycerin is in enema form, and I refuse to bring that to a job site.
You can bring it in the bag, you don't have to inject it first....unless you just don't want to waste it....

·
That guy
89 Posts
You can bring it in the bag, you don't have to inject it first....unless you just don't want to waste it....
That's funny. I was actually looking for it for a photo shoot (I used to have a photo studio) with a bodybuilder. A mixture of half water half glycerin, misted onto a body or beverage can/bottle or fresh produce or whatever makes absolutely picture-perfect water droplets. But all I could find was the enema. The guy was 60 something but he was being featured in a magazine for some lifetime achievement award in bodybuilding, so I decided for my own health to not show up with an enema. I emptied it into a spray bottle first. :)

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what's the advantage of adding detergent to your finishing compound?
Makes it smooth and creamy. Like water, but with none if the drawbacks.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Adding 1 or 2 scoops of light weight to a bucket of all purpose can cut the pocs down . It will also help keep the scratches out of the onion skin coats. It's about the only thing I've found the L/W good for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That WOULD be hard to live down.:wallbash:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.