Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I use festool systainers because that's the system I'm investing in. They will hold up great the way I treat them. If you have employees who do t care about your stuff and throw it around I'm not sure how they would take it.

I like how incredibly easy the are to move around, re stack, open, etc.

·
Board Shortener
235 Posts
I like Bosch tools, so I've adopted the LBoxx system. Seems to stand up pretty well to abuse, and if you're creative can be customized inside to suit multiple tools, consumables etc. A little pricey, but they work nicely with my OCD. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I use festool systainers because that's the system I'm investing in. They will hold up great the way I treat them. If you have employees who do t care about your stuff and throw it around I'm not sure how they would take it.

I like how incredibly easy the are to move around, re stack, open, etc.
Don't get hung up on just 1 system... I've got 3 (kind of 4). I've got systainers, sortimo (bosch lboxx), and dewalt tstak (and the dewalt 12 bin containers that only mate with themselves).

The deawalt tstak are the 2nd easiest to work with, not much harder than the systainers.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I have Lboxxes and systainers. I bought a bunch of tstaks for my father in law and I have to say they are great for the money. Your dollar will go 2-3 times further with them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like Bosch tools, so I've adopted the LBoxx system. Seems to stand up pretty well to abuse, and if you're creative can be customized inside to suit multiple tools, consumables etc. A little pricey, but they work nicely with my OCD. :thumbup:
If all of my tools were lost or whatever, I think I would go Bosch for my new ones.

Really like most of their stuff.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Could you possibly show how you are using them?

What's in each box maybe?
That would take a long time but I'll break it down. For example I put my mini portable band saw in one of the large ones, I have 2 grinders and wheels in a small one, I have my fien in a small, I have my concrete tools in a large, etc. Sure there is wasted space inside many of the boxes but the overall organization more than makes up for it.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
RobertCDF said:
That would take a long time but I'll break it down. For example I put my mini portable band saw in one of the large ones, I have 2 grinders and wheels in a small one, I have my fien in a small, I have my concrete tools in a large, etc. Sure there is wasted space inside many of the boxes but the overall organization more than makes up for it.
So... Excuse my ignorance. What does a portable band saw get used for?

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
That compact port-a-band is cute. But that is all it has going for it. :laughing:
I usually use a worm drive with a Diablo steel cutting blade for most of our cuts, but there are some things that band saw works good for. It's actually pretty durable, I kicked the crap out of it and threw it across the patio a couple times today... still works great.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I usually use a worm drive with a Diablo steel cutting blade for most of our cuts, but there are some things that band saw works good for. It's actually pretty durable, I kicked the crap out of it and threw it across the patio a couple times today... still works great.

I was just teasing you a bit. I have used one of those compact Milwaukee's before. They are tough and will get the job done.
Used one last year to cut a butt load of unistrut and all thread. So we could hang a finished wood ceiling to it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts