Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new business owner looking to establish an initial pressence on the Internet. I am not looking for anything too fancy at this point. Just a simple site with the company name, some background info and a few before and after photos of completed work. Does anyone have any reccomendations for an affordable host site? Preferably one with an easy to learn "website creator" type program.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I feel strongly about this. Hire a profesional web site designer. Your web site is how people look at you. If your web site looks crappy and unprofessional, so do you. Perception is reality.

We, as contractors, gripe when unskilled compitition comes in and fumbles up a job. However we are victims of our own complaints because we do the same thing. You don't want a plumber working on your electric. You don't want a foot doctor operating on your heart. You don't want a contractor designing a website (in most cases).

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
That is a tough one, there really is some seriousness to wondering if a bad website is more harmful then none at all. If you believe that customers would develop preconcieved notions about a contractor that shows up in a 1975 f150 that has been hit more times than Joe Lewis, and another that shows up in a newer, clean and professional truck then does a website reflect any differenctly?

Those cookie cutter type sites are extremely recognizable to even the least savvy consumer, they may not know exactly who is hosting it or what it is all about, but they are able to recognize a difference and might transfer those notions to you and how you run your business.

There are a lot of highschool kids who in just a few hours can put together a website that blows away those cookie cutter do it yourself sites. A half-way decent site might be cheaper than you think.

U

·
0 Posts
i am also starting a business and found a very stable hosting, web developing, and email service. the total of the website was less than $300 and the hosting and 2 emails is like $6 a month.

www.webxone.net

tell them Froy from fyrotech sent you.

WISCO said:
I am a new business owner looking to establish an initial pressence on the Internet. I am not looking for anything too fancy at this point. Just a simple site with the company name, some background info and a few before and after photos of completed work. Does anyone have any reccomendations for an affordable host site? Preferably one with an easy to learn "website creator" type program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts