Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got a basement that I want to put a bathroom in, is there a pump that will work to move it about 4' to the discharge pipe?

If so any idea what its called and how much they run?

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not opposed to cutting up the floor , I left the area as a shop for now anyway with a sump pump pit in there already just doesn't go anywhere at the moment.

It has all the water softener stuff in there with the hot water heater pressure tank etc

I ll hide all that in a back wall closet anyway, just need to budget for it now!!

Gonna build a garage for them as soon as the budget builds back up a man has too have priorities or be rich lol

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
Break floor and rough it- crock and pump.

I'd recommend saniflo for light use. I've only installed a few of those.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,297 Posts
I've installed two Saniflos, and I confess to a bit of trepidation when I saw how they were constructed. But so far they've both lasted over five years with no problems.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've installed two Saniflos, and I confess to a bit of trepidation when I saw how they were constructed. But so far they've both lasted over five years with no problems.
Put a check valve on the output and save the service guy a world of ****.

·
Registered
819 Posts
if you have a floor drain or laundry tub then you already have a sanitary crock down there....you will need to change to a sanitary pump (2"discharge) for the bathroom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts