Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a job a few weeks ago, and the bricklayers had just finished up. They were gone, but their scaffold trailer was still on site. All that was on it was a bunch of 16' planks and pump jacks. I wish I had seen them set up. Is it really possible to lay brick off pump jacks? BTW this was the biggest residential masonry outfit in the country.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I use pump jacks for everything from framing/sheathing to papering and installing windows/siding. Why not lay brick? The only drawback is the weight limitation. I don't think I'd put a very big load of mudpans and brick on the work table.:no:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
aluminum planks and fresh mud don't like each other
maybe so, but you can get 'em used cheap at Fazzios when they have mortar on them.:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
i have enough trouble liftin the clean ones i got:laughing:
Heck yeah, I have a 2 man 28'er, 12 wide that will shorten you up by an inch when you lift it.:laughing:

·
Registered
759 Posts
You will never catch me laying brick off of pump jacks. A repair job is one thing. Biggest residential outfit in the country?? They are going to take the risk of a substantial OSHA fine to save a few bucks if any and not build proper scaffolding? What a joke!! No brick is worth my life or well being.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It might have been either Non-Stop scaffolding or ezscaffold, sort of similar, and they are sort of like pump jacks...they crank with a steel cable...nice setups, everything is always belt high, thigh high, wherever you want it....really nice setups, but you really do need a lift to work with these.....nonstop has a new setup called workhorse, for lowrise apps, looks pretty good...is that McGee brothers you saw artisan? I know they're big down in those parts.....

·
Registered
686 Posts
That's Non-Stop, outta Louisiana. I've got one setup, although it rarely gets used. Pipe staging is more agreeable for most of my stuff nowadays, but it is well thought out and very nice...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts