Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Balding quickly
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I was out in ND doin a job and my furnace just quit out of no where. Any ideas of what it could be? I switched the breakers and shut it off and on and nothing changed really. Its igniting spark plug look ok? but I dont know how to test them or anything. About 4 months ago one of my renters flooded the washer and water leaked through the floor and got on it, but not a a ton I wipe most off the surface maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks for the help es muy frio en mi casa.

·
Dave from Macatawa
277 Posts
I am not a HVAC guy but this has worked as trouble shoot for a dummy like me.

disconnect and pull off the fresh air intake pipe from its connection behind the panel. Then try to restart it with the fresh air being pulled from the air inside the furnace area. Restriction in the intake can throw off the furnace brain.

·
Registered
142 Posts
different beast the pulse.. would agree about intake,check,but to get below muffler have to open air/gas mixture box and undo 1 1/2 inch nut and gently pull out,but 1 st while the cover is off and stats calling for htg press door switch and see if little purge blower comes on if it does kill power right away and put cover back on and try.really alot of variables though.need right tech to service ...good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Could be the thermocouple. They do have a very varied lifespan.
:confused:

Err Pulse 21 does not have thermocouple.

If water leaked onto the furnace the gas valve may have gotten wet. If it is a 21 most likely it will have a White Rodgers valve. This valve has an electronics board underneath the black terminal cover. Corrosion may have started. Remove the terminal block by removing the two cover screws and pull the terminal cover straight out DO NOT Twist the cover. There will be four metal posts for the solenoids. You may be able to lightly wire brush the posts. Check the card under the cover for corrosion.

It would be best to contact a qualified Pulse technician.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts