Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,684 Posts
Permits should be pulled in the bosses name imo. He is on the hook. Not sure how its done in Florida.

·
Professional Contractor
58 Posts
You are an administrative assistant who wants to get paid extra for doing administrative assistant functions?

I think tomorrow you should go in and DEMAND that you get paid extra for doing what you were hired to do in the first place.

Then look up the definition of greed and see if your picture is there.

·
Super Moderator
27,684 Posts
You are an administrative assistant who wants to get paid extra for doing administrative assistant functions?

I think tomorrow you should go in and DEMAND that you get paid extra for doing what you were hired to do in the first place.

Then look up the definition of greed and see if your picture is there.
If you are just applying for permits in his name, I agree with Hardscapes.

I was under the impression you were pulling permits in your name.

Reactions: Hardscaper

·
Remodeler
855 Posts
Like driftweed said, if you are on the clock you are being paid. You're doing doing "paperwork" for your boss, let's not get carried away. If the permits are in your name this is an entirely different conversation. Him allowing you to pull permits in his name is part of your job, and a position of trust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Like I said in my original post, I don't care about the money, just that he's an honest guy. He had said something a few months ago that made it sound as if you're supposed to get paid additional or something for pulling permits, but it sounds like I misunderstood or something. I'm new to this field, and still trying to figure it all out. That clears that up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts