Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
All this talk is just bunk. No matter you do to make the new wood the same height as the old wood the new wood will shrink, than all the efforts are thrown away.

Tear out the old and put in all new.

It took us 3 hrs to tear down 400 sq ft and set it by the road. Took an other 4 to reframe it. It will all move together.

I'm sure to the super pros around here we did something wrong by not taking at least a week.

You don't put new wine in an old flask and vice versa.
Sounds about right. A PT wood frame is about the least expensive part of the whole project. Why anyone would want to throw thousands or tens of thousands of dollars at decking, rails and labor over an old frame is beyond me. It's like building a Ferrari around a Geo Metro.

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
Sounds about right. A PT wood frame is about the least expensive part of the whole project. Why anyone would want to throw thousands or tens of thousands of dollars at decking, rails and labor over an old frame is beyond me. It's like building a Ferrari around a Geo Metro.
And than spend days posting online about the best way to mess up dirty diapers.:laughing::clap::whistling:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Don't tell too many people that you are actually building and making a living out of it, you'll get fast and cheap comments by people who build little and post a lot
bring it.... 2-teams. 1-framing. few ptmers 2-3 jobs day in day out. 12months of production in 9 and beating the previous year every year.
i'd love another mechanic.. that's right you can't hide the thread count gives you away.....:laughing:

btw i got nothing against cheap / fast. I've built them with no surprise short cuts. there's nothing wrong with fast and cheap as long we're all on the same page.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
bring it.... 2-teams. 1-framing. few ptmers 2-3 jobs day in day out. 12months of production in 9 and beating the previous year every year.
i'd love another mechanic.. that's right you can't hide the thread count gives you away.....:laughing:

btw i got nothing against cheap / fast. I've built them with no surprise short cuts. there's nothing wrong with fast and cheap as long we're all on the same page.
There's a place in the market for everyone, but at the end of the day Wal-Mart is making way more money than Neiman Marcus.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts