Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got my first stiletto today when i picked it up the first words out of my mouth were " whoa its light " anyways i drove a few pounds of nails and I'm pretty happy with it the side nail puller is the cats meow and it feels great on the tool belt . I have a couple question though 1. Is it normal for the bottom of the handle to be wiggly ? It sounds like something is loose ( my only complaint about the hammer) 2. Can a TiBone be used with a steel catspaw ? 3. How Durable is the TiBone ? And are there any do's and don'ts I should know ? Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,719 Posts
I hit whatever needs hit with mine

Mine doesn't rattle.

Reactions: socalmason

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
socalmason said:
Well i got my first stiletto today when i picked it up the first words out of my mouth were " whoa its light " anyways i drove a few pounds of nails and I'm pretty happy with it the side nail puller is the cats meow and it feels great on the tool belt . I have a couple question though 1. Is it normal for the bottom of the handle to be wiggly ? It sounds like something is loose ( my only complaint about the hammer) 2. Can a TiBone be used with a steel catspaw ? 3. How Durable is the TiBone ? And are there any do's and don'ts I should know ? Thanks
I to use mine for everything. When I first got it, I smashed the hell out of my fingers because I wasn't used to the lightness of the hammer. Took about a week to get used to how easy it drove the nails.

I see u have the tibone. Very cool. Never used one of them as my hammers are all wood handled stilettos.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary H said:
I to use mine for everything. When I first got it, I smashed the hell out of my fingers because I wasn't used to the lightness of the hammer. Took about a week to get used to how easy it drove the nails. I see u have the tibone. Very cool. Never used one of them as my hammers are all wood handled stilettos.
yeah I'm starting to get good with mine 8d's are 1 hit and 16d's are 2 hits i decided on the tibone because i wanted something really tough . I prefer wood handles but the new stiletto wood handles seem to break quite often and they are made in china plus i wanted the steel face for more durability. But i bet the wood handles are awesome to swing and very light

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I grew up on wood handles. Went to a estwing when I got into the union. After enough elbow problems went back to wood.

Here are mine

image-949136707.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts