Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good template for proposals and contracts? I'm looking at some small remodeling jobs, carpentry, under $5000, so something basic should surfice. ( i know contracts can be lengthy and specific, I would seek professional help with a larger $ amount job) Ive done substantial side-work in the past, but want to get into some better habbits with the paperwork. Thank you in advance:thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good template for proposals and contracts? I'm looking at some small remodeling jobs, carpentry, under $5000, so something basic should surfice. ( i know contracts can be lengthy and specific, I would seek professional help with a larger $ amount job) Ive done substantial side-work in the past, but want to get into some better habbits with the paperwork. Thank you in advance:thumbup:
Some guys (ME) use Excel.
Once you set up columns, categories and such, just change the data from project to project.
Just that you will have to paste it to Word for spell check :)

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
No such thing as a standard contract

Almost every standard purchased contract is illegal, useless and dangerous because a contract needs to contain all the laws VERY SPECIFIC for your state.

A blank white piece of paper is about as good as a purchased standard contract that does not contain the legal requirements required by your state. You must have a good contract that can hold up to your customer's attorney when you go to court and canned contracts won't cut it.

Start copying everything on your competitors contracts and constantly look for thing that are missing. I use MS Word to create our contracts. Every year, I read the laws for new requirements and every year I send my contract to my attorney for advice.

A good contract is the most critical part of your business to keep you out of hot water and when you want to win in court.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SMALL OR SHORT CONTRACTS IN MA. ??? go to chapter 142a. any contract over 1000.00 requires 142a or 3 unit home I like long forms for all projects, stay clean, stay smart BIG AL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts