Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 500 gal above ground propane tank that's currently only connected to a backup generator that is 20' away. I will eventually be replacing the above ground line with a 1000 gal underground. I'm beginning the building of a house and need to run stub outs for water, sewer, elec and propane.

I'm in the country in AR so I don't have any inspections but I'd like to do the project safely of course. Here are a few questions:

- What size line should I run?
- Distance is 125 feet.
- Instant water heater (2000 sq ft, family of 4)
- 6 burner gas stove
- Gas central HVAC

- What is the proper line to use for underground?
- What is the proper distance from the propane line to the other utilities? (I'm guessing elec is the most important)

I'll have all of the connections done professionally but I'd like to run the lines myself.

Thank you in advance for the help!

GT

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Contact your LP supplier as they will do the calcs for you and answer the rest of your LP questions.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,040 Posts
Second what Griz said. Is it common in your part of the country to bury LP tanks? Never seen anything but above ground here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Second what Griz said. Is it common in your part of the country to bury LP tanks? Never seen anything but above ground here.
I'm in Arkansas and although this is my first tank, the gas company said that they do it all of the time.

GT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts