Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

3 Jacks 2 Nines
What kind of flooring you got there?
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ that's my torched plywood floor... w/ pecan ready seal... thought that would work by itself but really needs some more sanding and a coat or two of poly... also shot it down with finish nails... didn't want to see the fastener but needs some screws...

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
the first picture is like what I use in my trailer and the second one was what thinking might work for you , not wall mount , but fairly small and the make what is called a park model that uses 110 for blower. You don't want to use any that are not direct vent , create way to much moist in the room. View attachment 508718 View attachment 508719
That鈥檚 what I鈥檓 looking at now, as well as diesel air heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windwash
Nice, but hoping for the $500 range.

Don't know where you're located (temperature wise) but my vote is for a direct vent propane 10-15,000 BTU https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...s3E7vLXz1Q4up2wtO17l01bOVkx1T9LHd0L7842tUjuKc
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_5519.jpeg
for that size outbuilding. I would NEVER trust a ventless furnace! We have a couple of small bunkhouse type shacks (100 sq\ ft) in northern MN that have them and they work great. I've been out there at -30 and they work fine. We use 100 pounders but if you're using one in 30 degree plus weather, a 20 pounder will last a long time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
I purchased something like this:

3:00 mark shows the heater

Shingler extraordinaire
These were all the rage back in the 70's. They put out some pretty good heat and with odorless kerosene now, it may be worth looking into.
Lots of people still using them.

View attachment 508711
Oh man....you can cook on those too!

You can also warm.up store bought cookies for about 30 seconds and they are good as fresh out of the oven.

Roofer science. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #26

Just fired up the air diesel heater.

Can鈥檛 see the LED readout on the control panel in the picture, but sitting in my camp chair above the floor register tells me it鈥檚 working.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Minuscule, apparently

10 L plastic tank.

One of the guys on YouTube say they run it four or five hours a day, fill it up every couple of weeks.

It鈥檚 intaking cold outside air. Now I have to plumb it so it intakes the air from inside the treehouse.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I think that would be great for an off grid cabin or a she shed or man cave.

I will update as I refine it.

122 bucks on Amazon. Miscellaneous ducting and brackets.

You can hear the air moving through the register, I have to figure out how to quiet that down.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
12 v battery powers the glow plug (?) initially then runs the fan and fuel pump.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Warm air intake hooked up

I still have to drill the cabinet partition and end wall for make up air.

I still can鈥檛 get over how small this thing is. That鈥檚 3 inch ABS and necked up to 4鈥 hard ducting on the hot side.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
So little over 1/2 gal , not to bad. Puts out a lot of heat? BTUs?
I want to measure the temperature, but I can鈥檛 find my stupid thermometer.

It does warm the place up to T-shirt temperature.

It measures about 57 dB at the table.

I put some Vycor on the ducting before I insulated it

to hopefully reduce some noise.

A lot of the noise comes from the black intake snorkel hanging on the left. I got some plumbing to neck it up and extend it further away.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts