Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for you fellahs...

We supply door and cabinet hardware here in Birmingham and then our website sells nationally. We had an idea recently about printing up something to give out as gifts to our big customers... local builders, etc.

We were thinking maybe golf towels, t-shirts, beer coozies.. something along those lines...

Have y'all ever received anything like this? What was your favorite?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I consider myself a rather small customer and I get all of the above on a regular basis plus bottles of booze or wine at holiday time, all are appreciated and the booze is passed on to someone who drinks the stuff.
Having dealt with big customers in the past, something like a oneshot special deal is common. Buy 1000 hinges and get an extra 10% discount, our thanks to our best customers! Trinkets don't mean a lot to bigger customers.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I would have to agree, all that stuff is just junk. That stuff is around all the time like teetor said.

If you want to get the attention of your big customers print them up $250 gift certificates to a nice steak house.

If you really want to give out pens, and cozies, golf shirts ect... then print them up with your big customers names on them and not yours. That would be appreciated and remembered.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
BUT... if you feel the overwhelming need to give out trinkets, here are some of my favorites:
1) High quality dressier style shirts with embroidered logos.
2) Mag light flashlights with printed logos
3) Code books with "compliments of ABC company" printed on the cover.
4) Wall clocks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The attractive giveaways...

We done a trip or it's value in cash...
Hats...T-Shirts...Polo's...gear...etc...

But Teetorbilt is right...the mighty dollar says more...

Clem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts