Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dam! work all stinking day, sleep for 5hrs and up all night. I gota change my life.

Ok here is the deal. I'm going to construct an oak pool table.

I've given it some thought, also I used to buy repair and refelt tables as a hobby, I know the in and out of about evey type table built, and I have some ideas (go figure).

I'm going to make two removable tops for the table that turn it into a dinning or a ping pong table, with an optional fish cleaning station/waterbed converter.(JK) But I'm serious about the billiard/dinning/pingpong thing.

Any input?

Fish cleaning station/waterbed converter? Where the hell do I get this $hit?:confused:

Bob

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
One issue might be with the dinning table - it might be a little high after you put the smooth top on. I would imagine the rails would have to stay with the table and then put some spacers on the new tops to protect the finish on the rails.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
How 'bout a miniature pool table that doubles as a crapper / lunch table for the van?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, You get 5 hrs. sleep?.......Every night? What a slacker!
How about hydraulic legs that would raise and lower it? You could also throw in an auto leveler. With robotic legs, it could walk itself into a corner when you're not using it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have a recommended source for materials-- pockets, rails etc? I might start a multi-year brainstorm myself...

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Felt, drop pockets and bumpers are very common, it's the slate I havn't pinned down yet. I thought about finding an old school house chalk board and cutting it myself.

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hydraulic legs, LFOL- and hard, maybe blonde felt with tan legs, fridge and oven underneath.........sounds great. Go ahead and put me one on order.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, I wouldn't consider anything less than 1" slate and that would be one heck of a blackboard.
sentry, add a blow-up doll and ol' Bob would never have to leave the house. LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Daaang people. You don’t see many boards that tolerate talking about blow up doll fetishes. I happen to be the proud owner of a Chery2000 version. She’s a sweet heart, but I’ll tell you she’s starting to do things that freak me out. For instance I saw her bent over the bed last night and couldn’t help myself. I gave her a little bite on the butt. This gal cut a huge monster fart and flew out the window. She’s so craaazy. :cheesygri

I’m trying to talk her out of the tree but she just hangs there giving me that look. You know that look. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
½WayFarted said:
Daaang people. You don’t see many boards that tolerate talking about blow up doll fetishes. I happen to be the proud owner of a Chery2000 version. She’s a sweet heart, but I’ll tell you she’s starting to do things that freak me out. For instance I saw her bent over the bed last night and couldn’t help myself. I gave her a little bite on the butt. This gal cut a huge monster fart and flew out the window. She’s so craaazy. :cheesygri

I’m trying to talk her out of the tree but she just hangs there giving me that look. You know that look. :rolleyes:
You guys are crazy. :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
1/2 came in on the edge, recouped, and proceeded with his childish ways.
His choice is to conform to this site's accepted practices or go bye bye.
He doesn't hold a candle to Bob.
Open vote?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it would be a hoot to be around either one, you could just let Bob play the customer in a game of pool while wearing his sock gloves.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have to meet Bob(Glass). Good excuse to buy another 911.
A mans socks are rather personal, don't you think? LOL
Bob+doll+socks= something that I don't want to think about. Kids may be visiting.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
½WayFarted said:
:D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts