Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife needs 170 pine balusters and 10 newel posts. three of the newel post needs to be holed out for lightning protection project was bid a little too low anyone got any ideas? must submit the premade stuff by wed. tmpa fl . they want all of it spec milled but might accept premade.thanks guys

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Marx, Posting twice confuses everybody, half will respond to one and the other half the other and you will have to keep up with both.
You may want to elaborate on the style that you need. You may also want to visit This Old House or pick up one of their mags and look at the ads in the back. This is my best advice, more time and I could do better.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Mark whats the budget on the project? I might be able to make and ship if a little cheaper than you buying there, but I really need to know your budget.

Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glasshousebltr said:
Mark whats the budget on the project? I might be able to make and ship if a little cheaper than you buying there, but I really need to know your budget.

Bob
see that is the problem budget is 25000 and the whole wood project trusses railings came in at 14. the balusters were bid at 5.oo each not the 32 dollars a pop. that may be a reasonable price for them if they were speicial order i dont know. my mill guy said 4.50 a piece. home depot is 2.50 a piece (but there some kind of 2 by 4 const). my mill guy decided to retire. we cant find anyone on short notice and really we just need a in stock design at this point were pretty flexable. i dont have the prints w/ me but i will mon to give a style. thanx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teetorbilt said:
Marx, Posting twice confuses everybody, half will respond to one and the other half the other and you will have to keep up with both.
You may want to elaborate on the style that you need. You may also want to visit This Old House or pick up one of their mags and look at the ads in the back. This is my best advice, more time and I could do better.
understood. i try ttoh thanx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts