Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does anyone know of any project management web applications for a small business that are affordable and do billing and CRM?

Thanks

·
Banned
306 Posts
Not sure what "CRM" is...

You mention "affordable"...hell, why not try free...

Try MyOnlineToolbox, It an intuitive platform, does a bit of everything. Not sure yet, where the real strength in the platform lays. But I like the site, and It feels like they are on to something.

OpenOffice, has everything microsoft office has, If you want to set up your business in the traditional way and are willing to learn how to use a spread sheet, this is the way to go. I just invested the time in learning how to use a spreadsheet, I'm ashamed that I didn't learn earlier... It has allready solved a lot of the repetitive balooney I have to do.

For Project Management, try OpenProject, its a generic version of microsoft project. Im playing with it, at the moment. Not sure yet, if its something that'll make me more effective, but its worth learning. If I think I can benefit from it, I'll probably buy the Microsoft version.

When your going to spend actual money, buy Accounting software. I would not buy any other product, until you spend the cash for this. In the end it'll be your most used system, and they cover a lot of other functions as well. I use Quickbooks contractor version. Its my backbone.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Try SherWeb. $30 a month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! but its my understanding that sale force alone runs around $375 per month, and that doenst include the costs for the other apps as well. Are there any affordable apps that do project managment, CRM, and time and billing?

·
Registered
178 Posts
What do you want the software to do ? What would it be worth relative to saving you time and more importantly money ? I would look at your business process and see how well you plan. No software will help if the management is not willing to put the effort and time in. It takes training and follow up.

I would be interested in hearing what you want to achieve.

Terry

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
UDA Construction Suite
I have just fully implemented UDA construction suite pro. Wow, huge potential but it's beating me up pretty bad at the same time. (lots to learn)

I did buy the "total care" package, and they are very helpful though. I am overall pretty impressed.

Welcome to CT:thumbsup:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have just fully implemented UDA construction suite pro. Wow, huge potential but it's beating me up pretty bad at the same time. (lots to learn)

I did buy the "total care" package, and they are very helpful though. I am overall pretty impressed.

Welcome to CT:thumbsup:
RS,
Will you be using the Construction Online?
If so how, I've got UDA and just upgraded to 2010 for just the cost of Total Care.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
RS,
Will you be using the Construction Online?
If so how, I've got UDA and just upgraded to 2010 for just the cost of Total Care.
I don't have any plans for the online feature. (yet)

I'll bet you got the same message I got. Upgrade to 2010 type of thing but only with a 12 month commitment. I didn't have to pay any extra because I recently purchased total care.

The program does everything except actually go out and do the work for you. Expensive but I hope to grow into it.

Keep the total care package up though. The guys there will spend all day on the phone with you if you need help. I really like them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I don't have any plans for the online feature. (yet)

I'll bet you got the same message I got. Upgrade to 2010 type of thing but only with a 12 month commitment. I didn't have to pay any extra because I recently purchased total care.

The program does everything except actually go out and do the work for you. Expensive but I hope to grow into it.

Keep the total care package up though. The guys there will spend all day on the phone with you if you need help. I really like them.
Yep, Same message I went for it.
I've been using the software since May 2009 I really like it.
I haven't taken the time to fully utilize everything it will do or set it up fully.
It works great with QB's you don't have to do your estimate in QB's to do job costing.
The integration with MS Office works well also especially Project and of course Excel.
The first job I used it on I got, a $300,000+ remodel so in my opinion it is worth the $1000 I spent.
I didn't get the Total Care initially but added it because of the offer. I haven't noticed much difference between 2009 and 2010 except for the online.
I need start using the CRM more and develop better templates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts